Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mango Soap From Body Shop Review

Mango Soap But Not Mango


Hi lovelies! As promised in my previous post about Early Eid Gift, I'm going to write a review about one of the stuffs I received which is the mango soap from Body Shop. It's been almost a week since I used it and if you want to know what I have to say then keep in reading. 

This is a clear soap and as opposed to its name mango soap, I don't smell any trace of mango on it. That's a turning point for me actually as I don't like scented soaps. I normally don't use soap on my face as I've mentioned in my earlier post because I have very sensitive skin. I usually used Sebamed Antibacterial Cleansing Foam or Cleansing Bar which are very good aids for sensitive acne-prone skin. Back to the mango soap, since its not scented, I decided to give it a try on my face. Why not? I have tried many body products from Body Shop and I liked them. So I thought it would be as good as others if not better.

My Say?



Packaging





It is wrapped in a clear white plastic with the Body Shop logo on it. There's nothing fancy about the packaging. But who cares? You're going to rip it off when you will use it right? Besides, with fancy packaging, the manufacturer will jus add up the cost to compensate for the expenses. But a cute wrap isn't a bad idea after all right?

Effects

I've only used it for almost a week now so I can't really say much about its effects but so far so good. It doesn't dry the skin. It has rich lather too. It doesn't melt right away like other soaps. The soap doesn't claim to whiten your skin so lets leave that part. It does moisturize the skin and leave it soft and supple. I'll give myself few more days to fully experience the good effects that soap can bring. 

Availability 

It can be purchased at any Body Shop outlets in leading malls. You can also buy it online from Body Shop. 

Price

Since this is a gift, I don't know how much it cost. I haven't been to Body Shop lately so I don'thave idea as to the price here in Middle East. But I checked on the price online, it is sold at USD 4. If it is so, then its a good deal. It is cheaper compared to other soaps from leading brands.

My Verdict


Since it is made from mango extracts which is from nature, it won't do harm to your skin, I assumed.
Leading brands are now into marketing beauty products derived from nature. In few days that I've used this product, I would say that its pretty good even for a sensitive skin like mine. Will I buy one for me? Yes! Definitely! I'm planning to head on to Body Shop in the coming days to check on this product.

 To sum it up, I'm giving this product a rating of 4.

For more product reviews, click here.

What about you guys? Have you tried mango soap from Body Shop yet? Share your thoughts with us by leaving your comments below. Let's make this community grow together. Don't forget to follow me to get more updates or subscribe by email. You can also visit my WordPress blog The Hijabi Musings to check on some fashion and beauty tips.

That would be all for today's post beauties. Till next.....


Don't forget to follow me on :






No comments:

Post a Comment